Thursday, August 2, 2012

Success


'Beer Bread' photo (c) 2009, Vegan Feast Catering - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
The bread dough moves soft and pliable in my hands. I form it into little balls and space them out on the pan.
I love how the sun splashes warm and comforting across the counter and mingles with the Classical music strumming. A lazy afternoon breeze wafts through my kitchen and I breathe in the quiet moment; the peace of it all.

Contentment all dressed up and making sense out of the day.
I strive for uniformity with straight little rows on the pan.
Had I heard somewhere that all were to be alike?
Would it matter if some were oddly shaped, some large, some small?
Each would successfully serve its purpose….regardless, I decide.
 'Mmm... hot cloverleaf rolls' photo (c) 2011, jeffreyw - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Only YOU can make your foot print.
No one else.
Your laugh, your smile, the way you sigh when you see a rainbow – it all makes you unique.
It makes you….you.
The road you take toward success won’t be like theirs. Won’t be like hers. There may not be a road at all…until you carve one out.
But, you’ll get there.
He said you would.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11) NIV

Sometimes, all it takes is a dream…and to be pliable in His hands.

"Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." (Isaiah 64:8) NIV

Be Blessed,
Debbie

3 comments:

  1. My dear Debbie. You bless me every single time I come here and read your amazing blog. God uses you and your gifts and I for one am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Debbie. So encouraging. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dream and to be pliable in His hands...oh, such true words. Beautiful. Delicious...just like the bread. : )

    I got so sick of working on my God-sized dream a few weeks ago. One of those parts that just isn't any fun but had to be done. I just wasn't getting anywhere. I had the bright idea, right in the middle of it, I wanted to try to make artisan bread (and I don't bake bread, btw). Off the store my daughter and I went, so excited. A few hours later, we both decided to leave the baking to the bakery (although we had some good pizza crust), and I picked my dream back up (because, clearly artisan bread wasn't it!). : ) Ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails