I
make the drive several times a week.
Through
horse country.
Through
farmland and workers with hats dipped low and the sun sinking in my rear-view
mirror.
Past
barns and rolling hills, large estates proud and secure behind iron gates.
Up
and over the ridge I drive past trees blushing autumn color, some with leaves
spent and falling in amber pools.
But
I marvel at those who refuse to give in to the rest; the stoic evergreens
maintaining life, color, presence. They sway and glisten in afternoon sun and hold
their place firm among the others.
They
don’t give in or change their purpose
depending on the seasons….don’t
toss away spent leaves like one would toss away used up faith and prayers that seem lost in the wind.
I
want to be like the evergreen.
Standing
firm in my faith, my beliefs and my God.
With true joy and trust unshaken.
To
grow where I’m planted, tall with life and strength, determination and love for
the One who makes all things possible – the One who made me.
I
want to be like the evergreen.
You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be
hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead
they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
(Matthew 5:14-15) NIV
Many Blessings,
Debbie
Splendid.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics and wise words Debbie! Pam
ReplyDelete