Sunday, December 2, 2012

He IS Enough!


'Moon from my room 2' photo (c) 2008, Christopher Eden - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
I’ve done it again.
It’s 3am in a quiet house, but the thoughts in my head spin loud and hectic. I’ve opened the door to every kind of worry and fear known to me and there is no comfort found in my restlessness. All the things that threaten to steal my joy – all the barriers standing between me and my God rise up brighter and louder in the dark.
I call to God in my fretting, but it’s a struggle; my fears speak louder than the cries of my heart.
Why does this happen?
Why do I ALLOW it to happen time and time again when I’m still
in the palm of His hand.
When I’m STILL a child of the King?
But it’s “time and time again” that He’s already proven himself! He’s already cared enough. He’s already been present enough. He’s already loved me enough.
He’s already enough!
He’s brought me through all the other times of tossing and turning when daggers from the enemy pierce through the night robbing me of sleep and contentment. He’s already made a way and I’ve stood in the warm glow of His mercy and grace.

'Sunshine Coast Sunrise' photo (c) 2006, Jiaren Lau - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
 
Finally, sleep does come.  He pushes the worries and fears to a darkened corner and I drift off reassured and knowing that I am His and He is mine.
He IS enough!

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  (Psalm 23:4)

Be blessed today and always,
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. I've had too many of these nights to number. The same Lord who removes fear from "the shadow of death" is there for us in the long, restless nights as well. Thank you for the great reminder that He's "already enough."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails