Friday, December 21, 2012

Live Intentionally


'Christmas tree ornament' photo (c) 2008, Amber Ingram - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/
Only a few days left between now and Christmas and a brisk wind stirs leaves around my feet as I walk. It’s the kind of cold that pierces right through as if you aren’t even wearing a coat. Trees toss their last remaining leaves to the frigid afternoon and I breathe in the hope of the season and the coming year.
So much to do and to hope for and all the while I’m thinking of these words that constantly spin around in my head much like the leaves:
~~Live Intentionally~~

I want to live as an intentional Christian.
To be intentional with my praise of Him!
To intentionally pray.
To intentionally give thanks.
To intentionally follow and believe.
To live on purpose……His purpose!
 The God of the universe intentionally created me – He intentionally created you. It’s not by chance that we belong to Him. Jesus intentionally loves us – when we say the wrong thing, do the wrong thing, when we’re quick to anger, when we’re overcome and overwhelmed – He’s there to pick us up, to forgive and to comfort.
Please remember, sweet sister, that you are intentionally a child of the Most High!
Let Him intentionally reign in your heart.

Wishing you Christmas Blessings and a beautiful New Year!
Debbie

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely the cry of my heart. Thank you for setting it to words. Have a blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posted this on Friday, and I'm just now reading this, late Sunday afternoon. The final paragraph addresses everything I've struggled with yesterday and today. Had I read this on Friday, I really don't think it would have hit me as heavily (yet wonderfully) as it did today. Thank you for putting into words what has been swirling through my head and heart, Debbie.

    May you and your family have a joyful and blessed Christmas.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails