Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Rocks in the Soil (Revisited)



Even now…even after so many years of working the soil and tending the blessings of my little garden space… I’m amazed that God still teaches me life lessons in all that lies beyond the splintered gate.
I share a lot about my passion and love for my garden, probably because that’s where He speaks to me – there, in my space, in our time together, in the tending and in the doing; the sowing and the reaping.
Even now…even after all these years of the garden evolving and my faith growing…neither is without its “rocks;” those obstacles that hinder growth and divert a root’s path. Praise God that the rocks don’t kill the roots, but merely change its course! When God sets growth in motion, the roots simply go around or incorporate the obstacles somehow…yet continue to produce the blessing.
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.             (2 Cor. 4:8-9)

Even now…even after all these years, He’s still growing me, allowing the rocks but also providing fertile soil. I praise Him for the blessings, for the lessons learned…and for the rocks.
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Cor. 9:8)

Wishing you Many Blessings
today and always!
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. God takes care of the rocks in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you, Debbie...always learning more from God. Today, He used you to teach me. Next time there's a "rock" in my way, I'm just going to wiggle my way past it and keep right on going!

    Thanks!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails