Thursday, February 14, 2013

You Have the Authority!




Y
     ou know those early-morning thoughts that just sort of pop into your brain and you wonder why in the world the Lord would direct your mind in such a way??? Well, this morning in the shower, of all places, God reminded me of a situation that happened just a few days ago and He gave me a scripture to go along with it; one that I don’t visit very often.

He reminded me of the other day when my son was getting ready to take a test in one of his college classes. He knew he hadn’t prepared nearly enough. He was out of town the whole weekend prior and hadn’t had the time to study.

But I remembered that the last thing he said before heading in for the exam was, “Well, I guess I just have to go in and take it like a man.” He said it half-jokingly because it’s something my husband always says.

But this morning, I thought….we don’t have to “take it like a man” or like a woman.

Because of Jesus, we can take each and every situation like the 
children of God that we are!

He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have
given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions 
and to overcome  all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not
rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names
are written in heaven." 
(Luke 10:17-20)

Amen!
You’ve been given the authority to rise up in His name and to trample ALL that brings fear and unrest! It’s not only a matter of “I can do all things….” But I can absolutely “trample” evil and then “REJOICE” because my name is written in heaven! Praise God! Taking on anything “like a man” implies that we’re continuing to go about life by our own strength.

I’ll admit, sometimes I fear looking at the balance in my checking account or maybe going through the mail and opening a bill. Fear and unrest can cripple me when I hand over the car keys to my son and watch him drive away (without using his turn signal). Fear wears many faces, yet none are of the Lord. God doesn't want us hindered by fear or unrest. What sort of witness are we to the “pre” Christian if we’re giving in to the fears of this world while our lips speak of undying faith?

Well, I’ll step down from my soap box now….just wanted to share my thought for the day.

Please remember that you are loved, sweet friend. You have been given the authority to trample  the snakes and scorpions in your life and to take each day as a precious child of God!

Be blessed,
Debbie



3 comments:

  1. Wow ~ spoke such truth to me. I needed that today.

    Love & blessings from Ohio ... Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed that this morning Debbie! Thank you. (And watching my new driver make a turn - no blinker - as she drives off always gets me nervous as well!! I couldn't really understand why my parents spent so much time on the driveway watching until my car was out of sight...well, the last few months have taught me. Good to know I'm not the only driveway watcher!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You women...lol. Remember my Dear Wife that "taking it like a man" implies acceptance of personal responsibility (or stewardship if you will) of how one uses their time/assets/talents. Sometimes a choice must be made between which things are more important during that particular interval. Subjecting oneself to a situation for which you are unprepared is just a lesson that must be learned. God helps us cope and hopefully is proud of us while we work through whatever ordeal falls at our feet. If the lesson is of value for future reference, then it was a worthwhile event. I am biased, but I think the boy made a good choice (for priorities) and took his medicine well. Do it Up Cody! :-D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails