Thursday, March 21, 2013

Being Truly His

'Woman looking at water and horizon' photo (c) 2009, Carissa Rogers - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Here I go, hopping up on my soap box again...

I just wanted to share something I've learned that's helped me get through a very difficult time recently.

I won't go into great detail, but I will tell you that I have been deeply hurt and "effected" by someone very close to me. I've dealt with it over these past several months and what I've learned and now try to put into practice is this: EVERY moment I give over to hurt or worry or anger or painful memories is a moment when I should/ could be praising God for how He's brought me through it!
Amen?
My life and each new day are true gifts from God. I'm being hypocritical if I start each day by asking Him to be Lord over all I do and say, only to give in to thoughts that destroy and tear down my joy. It's the enemy who wants our joy, our happiness and our love for the Lord. We cannot forget to "whom" we belong :)
Well, I'll step off my soap box now. This has really been on my heart and the Lord brought me here today to share it with you. Be blessed, sweet sisters. May you each be filled with the joy and the peace of Jesus!

Many Blessings,
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you've been hurt, Debbie. Praying for hearts on both sides. May the Lord comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a definite ring to it. :) Love you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning this lesson, also, Debbie. There's so much peace in letting go of the hurt and moving forward. Thank for your gentle and sweet reminders. Praying for continued healing for you,also. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real and raw and beautifully pure words Dear one. I've been there also in recent months and looking at Him is the only way to walk it out. Bless you Debbie.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails