Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thank You For it ALL!




It’s good to be on the back side of several hectic weeks. I can finally breathe again.
Speak in full sentences again.
Relax with a cup of coffee and have a phone conversation again.
Even (dare I venture to admit) work in the garden again!
But in the middle of my running around these past weeks, a simple thought kept rising to the surface over and over. So much so that I finally started to speak the words out loud at random moments and my spirit still jumps with joy each time:
Thank you for it ALL!
…and repeat.
I can’t help but to keep thanking God for ALL of it; all the years and the days, all the "stuff" I may never understand, all the different relationships and people I’ve met along the way, all the experiences that have lead up to this point in my life. I thank Him for all the disappointments and heartache, all the joy and elation, moments that still the breath and bring the tears.
Thank you for it ALL!
I thank Him for the feeling of being settled and resting in that safe and comfortable place with Him. I thank Him for the sweetness of knowing Him and that He cares about all that burdens my heart.
Thank you for it ALL!

Thank you, Jesus!


Photo credit:
Spring Coffee Time by Yana Ray

2 comments:

  1. Debbie,lovely post! (as usual) I am reminded of a scripture; "....after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you." I am so happy with you, that you can catch your breath, kick your feet up & enjoy the labor of your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie:
    In our Sunday school class, we discussed our need to thank God before we ask Him for any thing either for ourselves or others. Sometimes it is hard to remember to do this because we feel the need is so great. Thank you for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails