Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Through it ALL, He Reigns!




I happened to look out my back window this morning only to find my mini dachshund staring back at me. No, he hadn’t grown 4 feet to peer in through the window – he simply jumped on top of the picnic table to get a better view of things.
I walked away sipping my coffee and thinking how very smart Willy (my dog) is. From his view at ground level, (his little legs are only about 3 inches long), the top of that table must seem impossible to reach. But, he was determined. I love how he didn’t see the bench in between as a hindrance, but as a stepping stone to get to the top. Very clever J
I could probably learn a lot from Willy - looking at all the things in my life that hinder and impede progress as stepping stones or necessary rungs of the ladder.
But sometimes, the distance between those stepping stones is too great. When I’m standing on one, the next is too far out of reach and the answers stop coming. The path becomes unclear and discouragement settles in deep.
The bright sky turns to cloudy gray and a cruel wind blows in disappointment, negative thoughts and fear which clutter the air waves and block out the Lord’s voice. How hard He has to work to get through my thick head sometimes.
It’s so easy to default to despair and discouragement.
To fall down instead of up into the saving arms of Christ.
Yet His voice does not fall silent and His words do not cease simply because of my frame of mind. What I feel and what dictates my mood has no bearing on what the Lord has planned. His agenda will still play out. I will struggle and I will triumph. I will laugh with my whole heart and I will cry with my whole being. We all threaten to wave the white flag at some point in our lives, yet we’re given precious moments of rest to savor and through it all, He reigns.
Regardless.
He reigns!
Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. (Deut. 8:2-3)

1 comment:

  1. Why is it so easy to hear the accuser's voice so loudly while we struggle to hear our Savior's? Beautifully said my dear. And, oh that Mr. Willy is so smart! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails