Friday, April 12, 2013

Life Outside the Pot

'20100719_StanleyPkSeawall_Hydrangea_Cutler_DSC06120' photo (c) 2010, Wendy Cutler - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/



My garden is off to a pretty good start this season. I’m working hard to dress it up in time for my mother’s visit in a few weeks, and I’m having a blast creating my little haven.
I recently transplanted about 5 hydrangeas to the garden from containers on my patio and they’re all thanking me with beautiful, new foliage and flower buds. It’s amazing how plants will take off when you give them space to dig their roots deep in the soil.
But, why should I be amazed? Once anything or anyone is loosed from the confining walls of our will and given the chance to grow in the grace of God, will we not flourish?
It’s so easy for us to limit our thinking to “life inside the pot” when God intends for us to flourish in the garden –
don’t you agree?
We put plants in containers and expect beautiful, vibrant results, but they still rely on the human efforts of us/the gardeners to water, feed and tend to them while their root system and potential are limited to the pot.
I’ve lived most of my life “in a pot,” so to speak; constricted, controlled and held back by others and even by myself.
But, praise God for life outside the pot!!
I praise Him for the SON-light that warms my soul, for the clear running springs that never run dry – they nourish and fill me.
I’m blooming in the garden now from the inside out
with the joy of Him!
Just as a beautiful garden is meant to be shared, so should our faith! So should our joy! So should our love for the creator of all things wonderful. And so should our testimony! We’re to share our story; how He lifted us from a lifeless stage and set us free to bloom and bring glory to Him.
Step into the garden, my friend. You have the authority (I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. – Luke 10:19) to step outside of the walls that constrict and limit your growth.
Step into the garden and bloom for Him!

Be blessed today and EVERYday,
Debbie




1 comment:

  1. Working where I work ~ a health food store ~ WOW...talk about blooming OUTSIDE of my pot! lol It is definitely at diverse place to work.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails