Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Moved to Pray



It’s another situation,
Yet another conversation,
The need too great to handle alone,
And I’m moved to pray.
It’s one more soul,
Lost and desperately searching
But the struggle will always be,
And I’m moved to pray.
Another young life helpless,
Walking a tight rope between life and death,
Fighting for the very air I breathe so freely,
And I’m moved to pray.
Pray without ceasing ~ 1 Thess. 5:17
If I’m “moved” to pray, that insinuates that I’m not already doing so; that I’m someplace other than within hearing distance of my Jesus. It implies that I’ve moved out of range and that I need to return to what should come very naturally if we’re to reap the blessings God has in store for us all.
We’re to pray without ceasing, that life should be a continuing conversation with God, a constant giving of thanks and praise and falling at His feet.
Yes, life at the very feet of Him.
Life spent in His will.
Life with Him.
Life to the full.

Be blessed sweet friend,
Debbie


3 comments:

  1. Praying with you and for you today, Debbie. Thanks for the beautiful thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely words, to pray without ceasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,

    I needed this reminder today. Pray without ceasing. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails