Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Coffee Break with Deb





Hello and thank you for stopping by!
Gosh, have your ever considered starting a conversation with, “Hi! Let me tell you what the Lord has done!”
Well, that’s what I’m doing today. I want to share what the Lord reminded me of recently.
About a week ago, I found myself really down and discouraged, feeling like everything I did led me straight to a dead end – nothing I was doing seemed to be working. And once again, I found myself in that familiar mindset, an inner turmoil that sends me grasping for solutions that will never work.
I let negative thoughts seep into my mind. I let myself “go back” to my old habits and my old way of thinking; that I was the one who had to fix the problem and emotionally pull myself out of the muck and mire.
But one afternoon, I grabbed a cup of coffee and my Bible and walked out to my favorite comfy spot on the patio. And there, with the soothing sounds of my fountain and my little doves and finches content in the dappled sunlight, the Lord met me.
I love that He knows where I’ve been and
where I’m going.
He knows that I made a decision on that warm summer night at the age of 17 to confess my sins and make Him Lord and Savior over my life, but then fell away from my faith for many years.
He knows that “confusion” best describes my childhood and He knows how I’ve broken free from the bonds of it…. but have endured deep pain as a result.
He knows all about my dreams, goals and aspirations because He created them.
And He knew, better than anyone else, the weight I carried on my shoulders that day on the patio as He led me to the perfect passage:
Remember those earlier days after you had
received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. You suffered along with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For,
“In just a little while,
    he who is coming will come
    and will not delay.” And,
“But my righteous one will live by faith.
    And I take no pleasure
    in the one who shrinks back.”  But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith
and are saved.
(Hebrews 10:32-39)

These perfect and beautiful words were accompanied by an almost audible whisper to my heart: “What have I told you to do? Do what I have said.”
So, why do I over-complicate things? Why do I always muddy the waters when my gracious and merciful God lays it right out there in front of me? Too easily, I think I have to help a situation by diverting down the left or to the right when I just need to venture straight ahead and DO what He has told me to???
Uggh!
He is SO good and SO patient with me!
So, what I want to share is this: anything that distracts, diverts attention from or inhibits you from carrying out the dream God has given you is work of the enemy. Stay focused, my friend. Don’t muddy the waters of God’s plan by over-thinking or over-complicating it with human nature.
Simply do the will of the Father.

Be blessed,
Debbie





4 comments:

  1. Oh, Amen! I needed that today.

    Blessings from Ohio ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto with Marmee above! Good dose of encouragement for THIS DAY! Ijust love you Debbie! I gather that is your beautiful yard. You have such a green thumb, don't you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sooo good to see you writing again. God IS so good. Nothing like a beautiful spot to sit with a favorite cup of coffee and THE Good Book speaking to your heart. Big hugs to you, BFF Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If u going to create your own website then keep some points in mind :- requirement and your thought, budget, target audienceses........etc.
    burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails