Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Love of Jesus is Meant to be Shared




Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a
good word makes him glad.
(Proverbs 12:25)
 'coffee cup' photo (c) 2010, Moyan Brenn - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

It started out being one of those days when I felt like EVERYTHING I did was wrong. Like I haven’t been “doing life” right. The negative little voice kept whispering, telling me that I haven’t been taking care of the people or the issues that need my attention, that I’d better prepare for the storm that lies on the horizon and one by one, they all swarmed me like mad killer bees!
Do you ever have days like that when you feel very transparent and all your fears and failures shine like neon?
I’m thankful for the God who shines brighter than that neon!
I think that’s when God does some of His best work. I’ll be honest and say that joy did not fill my heart this morning – large amounts of worry and fear did!
But I love how God shifts the scales a bit causing us to crawl out of our own despair and encourage others, to pray for and with them, to share the love of Jesus with those He brings before us.
Funny thing about that flashing neon – it fades with every opportunity to serve and honor Him.
Whether we know it or not, as believers we have the ability to step away from our little pond of muck and mire to answer the call of a hurting friend or give hope and encouragement wherever needed.
Somewhere someone out there in your sphere of influence needs the love of Jesus today. A hug. A card. A sincere “I love you”. A prayer.
Reaching inside yourself to share your heart with someone else is the perfect and best way to silence those negative whispers and turn off that flashing neon for good!
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up,
just as you are doing.
(1 Thess. 5:11)
Be blesseed,
Debbie


3 comments:

  1. You share such beautiful thoughts in this post. I called our church office late this morning to have one of the women give her husband a message. The secretary that answered the phone relayed a message that one of our church ladies found out today that she has leukemia. I sent up some prayers and addressed a card to her. I need to send a note to her son and daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been the recipient of those sweet calls and it's amazing what the sound of another's voice can do to life your spirit. I need to remember that there are those around me who need to hear my voice or read a note from me. Simple things you mention here can change two worlds for the better. Keep writing, Debbie. We're listening :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails