Thursday, October 10, 2013

Keep Moving Forward!

'Roller Coaster!' photo (c) 2005, AJU_photography - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/
Life seems like one big roller-coaster ride sometimes.
Each day can be full of ups and downs – we never really know what to expect.
I heard on the news just last night that there was a malfunction on a ride in a local theme park and the poor people were stuck at the top for 2 hours.
Don’t you feel that way sometimes?
Like you’ve been sort of left to dangle from the top of the ride, helpless and suspended wondering how long it will last?
You’ve begun the journey but all. motion. has. stopped.
It’s been that way for me lately.
I only wish there were teams of rescue workers showing up with lights and sirens ready to hoist ladders up to save me and set me back on sold ground again.
God is that rescue worker, but even when He brings us back down and brushes the dust off our jeans, He expects us to continue on. To resume with life in a positive way.
He’s our strength and our guide, but we have to be proactive in reaching our goal. He has equipped us with brains, hands and feet to press on.
Prayer and faith and belief are only pieces to the puzzle. They aren’t much good if we don’t put one foot in front of the other and use the abilities God has given us.
I just want to encourage you to put action to your faith today. There will be ups and downs in the journey, but sooner or later you’ll find your way back to solid ground.
Keep moving forward!
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. (Phil. 3:12-15)

Many Blessings,
Debbie


1 comment:

  1. Perfect God. Perfect timing. Your faith and faithfulness are so encouraging, Debbie. Love the analogy :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails