Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Waiting Out Every. Necessary. Step.

The swift change in temperature took me by surprise today and I welcomed the swirling leaves at my feet and the whisper of autumn across my face.
The quiet afternoon called for home-made bread.
Maybe enjoy a cup of coffee while the dough rises, I thought.
Maybe spend a few minutes in prayer for those heavy on my heart today and give praise to God when He directs me to the absolute perfect scripture….like He always does.
There’s a lot to be learned from making bread.
The perfect combination of ingredients sending up little drifts of flour. Steady hands working, kneading, preparing.


























Each step is necessary.
Each step takes time.
Precious time.
And the waiting is difficult…but well worth it.

Lord Jesus,
Help me to be patient and to remember that as I wait upon You, You’re gathering all the necessary “ingredients” together and working them, molding and shaping them to perfection. You know me like no other, and even though I want to speed up the process or somehow “help” You to bring about the blessing sooner, it’s ALL in Your hands…..not mine.
I’m learning to be thankful for the waiting. For each necessary step. Each one takes time. Precious time. And yes, the waiting is difficult. And regardless of the outcome… in the end, I will praise You.
Amen.




Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord
    and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
    when they carry out their wicked schemes. (Psalm 37) NIV

Be Blessed,
Debbie





1 comment:

  1. Waiting is the hard part and you give a beautiful picture of the results of patience and perseverance. Another great post, Debbie. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails