Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Mornings are for the Deep Places



The flames flicker a bright dance in early-morning darkness; my favorite time of day.
Before words.
Before decisions.
Before dilemma.
When the day’s an empty canvas.
It’s my quiet, undisturbed heart-to-heart time with the One who calms and comforts. I think about how He’s brought me through yet another difficult week; a time of confusion and pull and demands. I think of how He’s been there from the start and how He knows every last detail and how it’s all worked together to bring me to this place of peace and contentment.
It’s taken years to shake off the dust and debris of the past.
It’s taken a mountain of faith to believe I could.
I run my fingers through my messy hair and rub the sleep from my eyes. The fire crackles and the coffee soothes and I settle into the blessing of the moment. And there lies my Bible, still open from yesterday’s “WOW moment” when He brought me to the perfect scripture:
“They have greatly oppressed me from my youth,”
    let Israel say;
“they have greatly oppressed me from my youth,

    but they have not gained the victory over me.
Plowmen have plowed my back

    and made their furrows long.
But the Lord is righteous;
    he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked.” (Psalm 129)
And

“My heart is not proud, Lord,

    my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
    or things too wonderful for me.
But I have calmed and quieted myself,
    I am like a weaned child with its mother;
    like a weaned child I am content.” (Psalm 131)


I praise God today for the freedom found only in Him. My chains are gone and I’ve been set free! Great is His faithfulness to His children. We are co-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17). He will never leave us nor forsake us. (Deut. 31:8)
And as I add another log to the fire, I watch the flames dance to the rhythm of my thoughts. I realize that my flame, my heart on fire for Jesus… will forever burn.
  






1 comment:

  1. I love how you share your special moments with us. Beautiful and so encouraging. Have a blessed and restful day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails