Thursday, December 5, 2013

Falling in Love...Again




Well, here’s a little fun fact: One of my favorite shows is House Hunters (on HGTV). I especially love House Hunters International, mainly because it’s on each day during my lunch time (after Pioneer Woman/Ree Drummond) and I love to imagine myself in some of the far-off exotic places they feature.
A recent episode led a family of 4 to a quaint seaside duplex; a sweet and simple, humble home not big on light or space. Yet somehow, the cozy structure just spoke to me with its slanted ceilings and cute dormer windows. I imagined the warm glow of candlelight and festive greenery in the little window ledges at Christmas and could almost smell bread baking in the modest kitchen.
But what really caught my eye was a little out-of-the-way nook next to a window; still close enough to the fireplace, it was the perfect spot for a small writing desk, a fleecy throw blanket, a cup of coffee and endless hours of pouring one’s thoughts onto paper.
The perfect spot to reconnect with my love of writing.
Many, many things (including some wonderful, treasured friendships) have stemmed from my love of writing (7-8 years of blogging, freelance articles, my book, magazine publishing for the past 2 years and now my newspaper column). Though it’s become such a “public” thing, I never want to lose sight of the fact that it’s very personal to me. Whether the thoughts flow freely or I bleed out each word 1 at a time, they are the words of my heart.
I just want to encourage you today to reconnect with your passion. In this crazy, busy world of fast talking, fast driving and fast living…I pray you’ll take the time to nurture the dreams, gifts and passions God has given you.
  1. Fall in love again with the things that make your heart sing; with the people and activities that bring you the most joy.
  2. In the middle of ALL you do for others, carve out little moments of time for what’s important to you – you’ll be a happier you.
  3. If/when you become bogged down with the stuff of life, reach out to the body of Christ and ask for prayer! Let’s be available to lift each other up.
  4. Make time for God’s Word. A few moments spent in His presence has a way of clearing away the mind clutter.

“being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion  until the day of Christ Jesus.
(Phil. 1:6 NIV)


Be blessed, sweet friend.
And as always, thank you for stopping by,
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. I apologize for sounding like a broken record, Debbie, but so many of us are blessed and have lives changed because of your passion and obedience. I love your reminder to be intentional with pursuiing things we enjoy. (I keep forgetting to do that :) Lovely post. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails