Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Yet!


'Perfect autumn sunshine' photo (c) 2008, Jenni Douglas - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
 They seem to come in the early morning hours. All the fears, failures, worries, things left undone and needing my attention. They roll into my thoughts like annoying tumbleweeds gathering debris and strength; and joy for the new day is somehow lost in the haze of it all.
One by dusty one, they remind me about that unanswered prayer. That dream that hasn’t yet happened. That call or message not yet received.
But God’s Word…
“And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.”
(1 John 5:14-15)
I’m learning that there’s perfecting in the waiting. Assembling all the necessary elements of dreams and prayers takes time and that one little word: yet….is huge! By adding "yet" to the end of these frustrations, the control is taken from the enemy and given right back to God! 
Because of Jesus, we have a “yet”!
Because of His unending and undying love for us, our “yet” is always there…waiting to be revealed at just the right time.
Because of Him, I can rejoice because “It hasn’t happed YET!”
“I haven’t gotten to where I want to be YET!”
“He hasn’t quite answered that prayer YET, but I know He’s working on it.”
Because of Jesus, yet is a beautiful and powerful word.

Many Blessings,
Debbie


1 comment:

  1. Debbie! What a beautiful word! YET! I am learning more & more (through) every trial & setback. God hears my prayers and I am growing in my faith. Waiting is often necessary for my growth! Thanks for your faithfulness to be transparent!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails