Friday, January 17, 2014

The Light of the Lord





The hours and the minutes blurred past. A typical afternoon spent rushing, doing, racing against the clock and checking off the boxes…and then this.

How it stopped me.

Caught me off guard and held me there in honey-colored sunlight.





The unexpected shadows that give dimension to life and define our strength...or our weakness.

It’s grace that moves the shadows onward.

They only settle for a time casting their many shades of light like long fingers stretching, searching.






"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)








There's truth in those glorious shadows. A hallelujah to sing strong and loud. Praise Jesus - the light has overtaken the dark! Rejoice in the light of the Lord!

The shadows are no match for the light that fills the soul
and the heart
and the home.

But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. (Acts 2:24)

"...weeping may stay for the night,
    but rejoicing comes in the morning." (Psalm 30:5)

The dark shadows are temporary, my friend. 
May you always seek to live in the light of Jesus!
Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails