Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sharing a Few Random Thoughts...

'Frog Pond' photo (c) 2011, liz west - license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
 I’m working hard to clear up the murky water in my little fish pond out in the back garden. I pulled out the old pump, purchased a new pump/UV light combo unit a few days ago, installed it and now I’m just waiting for the magic to happen. I can’t wait to actually be able to see the 9 fish I've been feeding.
I love the thought of adding light to a dark and murky situation to bring clarity. And I love how both light and dark cannot reside together. It may take lots of time and patience, but in the end, the strength of the light is the stronger of the two…and always wins.

---------------

I’ve noticed that all my watering has encouraged the weeds to grow as well as my roses. I've developed quite the weedy mess out there that’s going to take a few days of back-breaking work with the hula-hoe, lots of iced tea breaks and many hours on my knees.
Funny how when we’re looking for real results in life, it takes dedicated effort and some time spent on our knees….

---------------

'Hebden Suspension Bridge' photo (c) 2010, Andrew Bowden - license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
I can’t get that picture out of my head, the one I believe God put there a few weeks ago. It’s a calm, serene body of water with several stepping stones leading from one side to the other. They’re randomly spaced; some jagged, some smooth and slick. Surely, the trek from one side to the other would be an unsure, treacherous journey.
Yet, not far away from those stepping stones is a stable and secure bridge.
It brings to mind how I often hop across the stepping stones in life; unsure about my footing or which to take next…and all the while…God offers the bridge. His way is secure. His way is safe. He is faithful to bridge the waters from my hopes and dreams to His purpose for me.
The bridge or the stepping stones.
It’s a daily choice.

Be blessed and have an awesome day!
Debbie




1 comment:

  1. I love coming here to be refreshed, Debbie. Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails