Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Coffee Break with Deb (9/10/14)


It’s a warm day, but my afternoon coffee still tastes just as wonderful. A few stolen moments in between the rush and the hurry to relax and stare out the window does wonders for a mind spinning with thoughts and concerns.
It’s hurt, confusion and frustration that keeps jabbing at my joy these past weeks; a sharp reminder of things unsettled, questions left unanswered.
But my sweet and very wise friend told me something recently and I don’t think I’ll ever forget it. She said, “You are not defined by what others think of you! You are who God says you are!”
I hope you find comfort in those words as I have.
God knows your whole story down to every last detail. He’s walked beside you down the path that’s led you to your “now.” It’s His judgment that matters – not the judgment of those whose vision of you is blurred.
God sees you with clarity right through to your soul; from the smile you throw on to get you through the hard days clear down to your hurting heart.
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. (Luke 12:7)
He alone has been with you from the very beginning and He’ll be with you to the end…and every tear in between.

Be blessed, my friend.
Debbie





1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Debbie. Very appropriate for so many I know. Love & blessings to you. K~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails