Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Stuff of Life


I remember how much I used to love the swings at the playground when I was young. I’d swing higher and higher and then jump/fly off to see how far away I could land.
And then there was the merry-go-round. My playground friends and I would pile on to see just how fast we could spin before one of us either got sick or until we’d had enough of the bouncing, the spinning and the squeak of rusty metal. We’d then drag our feet on the ground to slow it down before jumping off dizzy and giggling.
Life, for me, lately has been that merry-go-round (hence the inconsistent blog posts).  One thing cascades into another and then another and sometimes I just want to stop the spinning and jump off the ride.


It’s a busy time, and in the midst of the chaos, my house is suffering from a sort of identity crisis. It’s decorated half-way between fall and Christmas. I’m doing a little bit here and there and the tree is going up this weekend.



















And then there’s the magazine. All SORTS of to-dos associated with this right now.











Oh yeah…and we’re remodeling 2 bathrooms at the same time. So, right now, we’re 4 people under 1 roof sharing ONE bathroom. Upstairs, there’s an almost-done bathroom where we can actually shower and even flush the toilet! (Don't you go gettin' jealous now, LOL). The main one downstairs, sadly…well, you know.
And then during the day, I’m here at the church office pushing papers around, typing away at my computer, answering phones and offering a prayer or a listening ear for those who need it.











After that, I’m back at home cooking, cleaning, picking up dog hair, doing laundry…the usual…












all for these precious people.











And in between the busy and the running and the spinning…God offers little glimpses, little reminders to carve out little moments in the day to be still and quiet. To simply breathe. Reminders to inhale His peace and His joy and exhale ALL the rest. 
(Taken this morning - zoomed in from my not-so-clean kitchen window.)
This life is a gift. His design. We take each day, each moment as He prescribes. 
We go about our days breathless and harried. 
Always the clock.
Always pressed between the minutes.
And the merry-go-round keeps spinning.
Take time to be still. To be quiet. To simply breathe.

And the world is passing away along with its desires, 
but whoever does the will of God abides forever. (1 John 2:17)




3 comments:

  1. What a perfectly honest and transparent glimpse into a busy lady's life. Love you dearly my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end result of all these things spinning around you is beauty, encouragement, and a finished product to share. Thanks for letting us know we get to ride in the same boat with you. Love ya. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice article...

    Obat Bius | Obat Bius Wanita | Jual Obat Bius


    thank you for the information regards success only father / mother

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails