Thursday, November 20, 2014

Random Thoughts for 11/20/14


I have a dream. I’m sure you do, too.
It’s a hope and a wish, really. Something to strive for. A great big sparkly desire held tight in my heart of hearts.
I see glimpses of what the dream will look like when it’s finally realized...when I’m standing there in the big middle of it smiling and breathing deep. 
But like anything else in life worth waiting for, the biggest, grandest of dreams seem to take the most time. The most sleepless nights. The most prayer.
It takes a precise measuring out of ingredients. Mixing in a little of this and a lot of that. And then the wait.
Oh, the process!
And all the while, I’m being “processed,” too. It’s an ugly battle of releasing my impatience, worry and anxiety from tightly-clenched fists and handing it over to the Giver of dreams. Trusting Him. Growing faith in Him. Following Him. Allowing Him to work the dream at His pace...not mine.
And in all that waiting and hoping and trusting, I’ve realized that I’m only supposed to see the glimpses. For now, I’m to only hear the rustling of angel’s wings. For now, I’m to only catch its slight, sweet fragrance on a passing breeze.
For now....
I press on(A) toward the goal to win the prize(B) for which God has called(C) me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 3:14) NIV

----------------------------------------

I'm beyond blessed to live so close to where I work. Each day I leave the church office and drive around the corner to my house for lunch.
Today it was bacon and eggs. Nothing else sounded good, as it's been one of those cloudy, cooler, come-on-and-rain-already, I-even-wore-a-turtleneck kind of days.
Bacon and eggs isn't a quick, "gotta get back to work" kind of meal. It's comfort food plain and simple. The kind that lets you know you're "home," settled. Ready to hang out and relax awhile.
It's funny how just a few minutes of the true comfort of "home" can recharge me for the rest of the day...much like spending a precious few minutes in God's Word and in His presence through prayer recharges my soul. His Word brings peace and joy to the very heart of me.
Whatever struggles or challenges, whatever weight is pressing in on me, spending just a few minutes with my Jesus resets and recharges my spirit. With Him, I know I'm "home" and in that safe place.

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, 
equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)


---------------------------------------  

Oh, and THIS happened again. My son, now a whopping 22 years old and just under 6 feet tall...well, you can read all about it Here





Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share my random thoughts with you.
Wishing you many blessings today and always,
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails