Wednesday, April 1, 2015

He Showed Me Windmills


Maybe you've seen them. They’re the ones who smile through the dry and tired days. They flourish radiant and bright with very little, at least by worldly standards. Their hands are busy and their souls are full. They've weathered storms, gathered up the broken bits of heart and faith and carried on. They emerge victorious from battle and fashion something uniquely wonderful to give back to the world.
They’re the humble ones who live quiet and content in peaceful joy.
Quietly living.
Quietly serving.
They wear the face of freedom and wear it well.
~Freedom~
Haven’t we all been freed from one thing or another in this life?
Do we show it?
Do we wear that freedom in our eyes? Our smile? Do we speak that freedom – true, Praise-God-with-all-that-I-am freedom?

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free.
But do no use your freedom to indulge the flesh;
Rather, serve one another humbly in love. (Galatians 5:13)

Getting from hurt to healed is a process and no one can tell us how long that journey will take. I only know that I spent far too many years bound and oppressed, help captive by my desire and need for “someone’s” approval of my every move. I’d made that someone the very center of my life. All that I did and all that I was branched off of my desire to please them and make them proud of me.

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. (Galatians 1:10)

Sometimes it takes hurt of devastating proportions to rock us to the core and completely change our way of thinking. Sometimes we have to find ourselves on our knees to really soar. That’s where we find grace and mercy and the love of a Savior and we realize that we are not defined by our past nor by the people in it. We are who God says we are.


And the journey, for me…all along the way…God showed me windmills. He opened my eyes to the hub in the center and all the blades branching off and how they spun by the very breath of Him. He showed me that over the years, while on that rough and rocky path to freedom, He had become that center hub. That certain “someone” was no longer the center of my life, nor the center of me.

Jesus is! And always will be! Praise the Lord!

Praise the Lord for freedom! That true Praise-God-with-all-that-I-am freedom!

Make Jesus the center of your life, my friend, today and forevermore.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails