Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Taming the Wind

The winds are whipping the branches of my pepper trees today and creating that ominous shooshing sound through the one lonely pine tree in the back yard.  Its old, sturdy branches move and sway with the breeze but hold up strong and defiant against the force.

I don't like the wind, but of course, it's out of my control.  It sets me on edge, and I find myself with an eye out the window expecting tree limbs or fences to fall.

With the breeze, I'm reminded that God works much the same way.  His will, His strength and His force is untamable.  We cannot capture nor control it.  As with the waves that lap the ocean's shore, the winds of change are ours to endure.  We may get tossed about, maybe even knocked to the ground, but it's that same untamable force, strength and will that picks us up and sets us back on solid ground.

So, I'll endure the wind today and try to think of it as a reminder of my untamable Lord. 

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power,
together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the
love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may
be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
(Ephesians 3:17-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails