Friday, July 23, 2010

With Renewed Energy...

So, I've come to a fork in the road, and I'm excited about it.  I'm heading down an alternate path free of stumbling blocks and pebbles.  

I have 3 different book-size projects, all in varying degrees of progress.  When I run into too many hurdles with one, I leap over to the other for a time - probably a bad habit to have gotten myself into.  I wouldn't call it abandonment, necessarily.  I'm just shifting gears and letting the words cool!


This time, I've put my walking stick aside and tied the laces on my running shoes, as the end is in clear view on another project.  My middle grade mystery, the first in a series, I hope, is the closest one to being completed, and I'm thinking that would be a great first book to help me break into the world of book publishing. 


Yeah, I know.  "Middle-grade mystery" sounds a lot like a Mandie book or a Nancy Drew, but it's not.  Of course, it's written with a Christian perspective, but hopefully the characters and setting will better distinguish it from the others.

I think this particular piece of work reminds me of the books I enjoyed reading as a kid.  Growing up, when I happened across a book I enjoyed, I read it over and over again.  I discovered Charlotte's Web and read through it 12 times!  There were many others too, all offering characters and scenarios unfolding in a world different from mine, but one to which I could easily relate.  I want so much to offer that same feeling of contentment and comfort to readers today.

Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost


1 comment:

  1. It sounds great and I love the way your blog looks!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails