Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hello!  I'm so glad you could join me.  I’m sitting here feeling really guilty today.
I just came in from the garden, and I’m now officially ashamed to even call myself a “gardener”.  The entire thing is overgrown and full of weeds.  The soil is parched and dry, deplete of all the good stuff that used to give my little space that "wow" factor.
What amazes me, however is despite my neglect, my complete lack of attention, the garden is thriving anyway!  All my roses are loaded with new buds.  The tall verbena bonariensis is a magnet for butterflies and hummingbirds.  The black-eyed Susan vine and morning glories are busy scrambling up fence posts and the clematis is putting on quite the show with her dramatic ascension toward the top of the arbor, just as I’d hoped.  As I stood smiling at all the life going on without me, I actually thought of this scripture – no kidding!  I really did:
“It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be
prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be
pastors and teachers…” (Eph. 4:11)
If God has called you to bloom, then rest assured, you WILL bloom despite opposition or negative elements in your environment.  The barriers you see in your path are nothing to the Lord - He already knew of each obstacle long ago. Still, He chose you and equipped you to live out your particular purpose in life, to thrive in a barren land and to rely solely on the sustaining power...of Jesus.
Habakkuk 2:3- "But these things I plan won't happen right away.  Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take 
place. It will not be delayed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails