Thursday, August 5, 2010

What Will You Do With Your Brand New Day?

Praise God!  You woke up this morning to a new day.  You were able to crawl, leap, spring or somehow emerge from your restful place to greet the morning.  Isn't that awesome?  Lately, that miracle alone is a major thing to me.  It's totally and completely up to God whether or not to grant us the special gift of a new dawn.  What we choose to do with it is up to us......or is it?
     What do you think the Lord will call you to do this day?  I've learned that oftentimes my to-do list isn't the same as God's.  Even when I begin the day in prayer and ask him to be in all I do and say, he reminds me that I'm to go about my day according to HIS agenda instead. 
     Like yesterday; I set out with a goal to begin on a certain page in my young adult book.  I had the best of intentions until one simple phone call and an encouraging email shot me in an entirely different direction. I ended up revamping a 7-step study I'm putting together to encourage women to identify and go after their dream in life.  I was still moving forward with something.  Still productive, and still edging closer toward the end of a project that began a year ago.
     I made quite a lot of progress on it, and really feel that it will be of help to women once it's completed.  Ultimately, it was what the Lord wanted me to do.


Lord Jesus, I thank you for the precious gift of each new day.  Let us never take them for granted.  I know you want to accomplish something new and amazing in me today.  I am a willing vessel, Lord.  Guide me.  Lead me.  Help me to live according to your plan.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails