Thursday, October 7, 2010

That Certain Someone


I’m so thankful that God not only gives us WHAT we need when we need it, but WHO we need, as well.
Have you ever found yourself in sort of a slump?
You feel it. You sort of know why it’s there, but you push it to the back burner trying to focus on the positive instead and just keep smiling?
Then, when you least expect it, the phone rings or maybe the doorbell, or maybe even something appears in your inbox and you just know it’s of the Lord.
It’s that special someone who knows you inside and out. The one who knows where you’ve been and where you want to go. They know of all the ups and downs that have shaped you over the years.
The one you’re happy to confide in. The one you laugh with. Cry with. Share your dreams with. It’s that one person who gets the excited “I-wanted-to-call-you-first” call when you have something new to share.
Sometimes, they’re the only one who can hear the sadness and the worry deep down when others can’t. Somehow, magically they know just how to bring it to the surface.
And you do – together.
And once again, you laugh together.
Cry together.
And sigh.

“Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2) NIV

1 comment:

  1. it is my belief that this is a crucial element in answered prayer. that we are called as God's children, to be answered prayer. I have it on my year's resolutions "to be a good friend" because I realized, too late, that I'd had nigglings to be a friend (call, e-mail, just *be* with a friend) and I'd ignore it, have it on my to-do list- and these friends would get buried under things I ultimately said were more important. God impressed upon me how friendship and responding to these Spirit nigglings- are in fact some of the ways God answers prayer- and when we refuse to answer, the prayer is left unanswered.
    So, yes, amen to God bringing people into our lives at the right moment-- but please (dear readers) don't ignore that little voice telling you to pick up the phone.

    a good word, Debbie, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails