Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Love the Reign


It started when the sun took its rest beyond the trees
That perfect, random rhythm on the roof that makes you stop and listen
You know it's nothing you've created - it's the work of the Lord
It's out of your control.
I've waited all day for the gentle song of peace that now feeds my soul.
I've spent a restless, uneasy day - shifting moods and stumbling around with the clouds
As if switching unsteady dance partners in a darkened room
But then, I hear the voice in the rain:
"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations.
I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10) NIV
He brings the sun and the stars, and the wind that grows my strength
It's the work of the Lord - it's out of my control
He gives vision to see more clearly the blessings that surround me
He brings the dark when the day is done that I may take refuge in Him
And he brings the sweet song of rain on my roof that I may simply stop....and remember
It's His reigning power over my life and my home that comforts me
It's the work of the Lord...and I'm so glad He is in control.
"And he who searches our hearts knows the mind
of the spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's
people in accordance with the will of God.
And we know that in all things God works for the
good of those who love him, who have been called
according to his purpose." (Romans 8:27-28) NIV

1 comment:

  1. Its such a precious moment when He makes us aware of His Presence..stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails