Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Promise in the Wind

As Free As The Windphoto © 2009 Jody McNary | more info (via: Wylio)

Little splatters of sunlight filter through a constant stirring outside my window; the brisk tossing of branches that coax young limbs to dance. Their leaves flutter awake, scatter from the vine, shimmering proof of a long, tumultuous night spent at the mercy of the wind.

I heard it in the early hours. How the house moaned and creaked while my family lie sleeping. And there, in the dark, I thought of how the Lord protects His children; keeps them safe when turmoil sometimes looms so close.

There’s promise in the wind, don’t you think? Promise of God’s sustaining power. Love everlasting. The promise that though the current may stir and we strain against it, His Word will remain.

He’s above the wild twisting. Far greater and mightier than the fiercest thrashing blowing through your life right now.

Yes, even now.

Even you – your storm.

Even when you think His face has turned from yours and your prayers are scattered by His very breath….

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters ... they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God" (Isaiah 43:1-3).

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful.Thank goodness we do have the protection of our Heavenly Father watching over us in the midst of our storms. God always speaks through His creation! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that He is always with me...no matter what. Even when I don't feel Him, He is there and I am blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your analogy made me think of Peter walking on water with Jesus. When his focus shifted to the wind and the storm he began to sink. We need to keep our eyes firmly on the ONE who can sustain us in the midst of the raging winds. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debbie...what a beautiful, beautiful post! And oh-so-very-true ~ your writing is so wonderful ~ hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank-you for the gentle reminder.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed to hear this today... I needed to read something that would touch my heart.

    I needed a reminder that God is still there... still loving... still every-present.

    Thank you for writing your heart.

    ML

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your poetic side sweet Debbie... beautiful, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie I just want to let you know how much I appreciated your encouragement recently. You directed me to your post in the beginning of the year on courage. In the past year it has been an unusual and difficult season for my husband and I. But I also appreciated the blessings. In all this I know that our God is loving and all knowing. He is our shield and protector in the storm. I took a giant leap of faith and with your encouragement I started my blog.I had excuses to not to try since my earlier failed attempt ended with frustration. Your blog is such an inspiration. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails