Thursday, January 20, 2011

Releasing My Inner Super-Mom


I feel like a lemon that’s been squeezed of every last drop then tossed into the garbage disposal expected to somehow spread freshness and joy throughout my home! Hah! Like that’ll happen!

Ya know….sometimes…..don’t you just wish YOU could be on the receiving end of a little grace and kindness?

Instead, today I’m wrung out. Empty. A dry well. Thirsty for the spring that never runs dry. But sometimes it takes God reaching down low in the valley to pull me up by my discouraged soul because today I haven’t the strength to even meet Him half way.

Not one more demand. Not one more question or crisis.

Only answers, solutions…sweetness. Is there such a place?

Actually….in all honesty…..I wrote the above rant a couple days ago when it seemed the floor beneath me was slowly slipping away.

I’ve recovered a bit since then. Taken a few deep breaths. Let the old heart rate return to normal as I slowly release my inner Super-Mom.

I’m slowly releasing it to God. I could never meet the demand, so I’m handing over the responsibility to the only One who can.

Why do we women bog ourselves down with more “Sure, I can do that” promises, even to ourselves, than one gal could ever fulfill, then struggle with guilt and remorse when we can’t quite meet the task? Do we somehow possess the power to add a few more hours to the clock?

It’s crazy.

We don’t want to seem anything less than stellar by declining an opportunity to jump the farthest, run the fastest, climb the highest.

Only God can do it all!

So today, I’m standing on the mountain top shouting over the rim of my coffee cup….no, I’m quietly encouraging you to release your inner Super-Mom to the One standing before you ready to receive it all.

Praying for a blessed, stress-free day for you (and me) today, in Jesus’ name. Amen J

I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.
The cords of death entangled me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.

In my distress I called to the LORD;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.

(Psalm 18:3-6) NIV

8 comments:

  1. I'm all for a stress free day. Thanks for this post. We can't do it all, but God can. We need to lean on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do try to do way too much. More than one person can do (and keep her sanity anyway). I'm working on letting some things go and also learning to say 'No'!
    Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that hits home! I'm struggling with other Christian moms who think they are the super moms and anyone else not following their footsteps is sinning. Yeah, that's rough but God knows MY heart and He knows me and that's enough. If we could all just lay down the super mom cape and be gentle with one another, what a great place we'd all be in!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.realmomreviews.net
    Following your blog! Please follow back!
    If you could follow me on Facebook/Twitter, that would be awesome too!!
    http://www.facebook.com/RealMomReviews
    http://www.twitter.com/RealMomReview
    Thanks for your time!
    Skye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet Debbie :) I'm an older mom, 62, with a son age34, blessed with 5 wonderful grandchildren, and a younger son with a precious wife. But believe me, I can remember those very hectic days. Trying to raise the children in the nuture and admonition of the Lord. Be a fantastic piano instructor, a church pianist to at least 4 choirs, a loving wife and a giving daughter. Taking them to band practice, clogging, baseball games, etc. I get tired just thinking about it now and wondering how I did all that seemed to be required of me at that time. But I also remember those moments way down in the valley, when I was so tired I couldn't pick myself up by my bootstraps. That's when I would call out to a dear "sister" in the Lord to do the lifting for me. So, that is exactly what I will do for you; lift you up and ask God to give you more of whatever it is you need at this time in your life. God bless you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the comparison to the lemon... that describes it perfectly :) I'm learning to say "no" and it feels really good. I always thought there had to be some reason to say no, a conflict, but that's not true... I am free to say no just because it's best for me! Great, encouraging post Debbie! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, you wrote my heart! It seems the past six months of my life have been doing what everyone else needs me to do. Part of me is happy to help, happy to serve - but the other part of me longs for just a few days to do only what I want to do. I know this is just a "season" in my life and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, but it's been a long stretch and your post has encouraged me to just keep holding on to the one who works all things out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post hits to the core..even when I am going a 100mph, I feel like I am not doing or going fast enough, then I read a post about the Proverbs 31 women and I am like REALLY!! that too..how can I live up to that God..but he said "I never said you had to be her, just be you, come to me as you are, I love you for all you are not what you do" God is so good..

    Thank you Debbie for your encouraging words..

    Many blessings, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails