Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Heart of Praise

My Praise is a Weaponphoto © 2009 Rachel Solito | more info (via: Wylio)

I call on the only One who can unscramble my anxious thoughts and make sense of the collage forming behind my tired eyes. There's blessings abundant but the words run scarce these days, playing hide-and-seek…and I’m “it.”

But I will praise Him

The laundry, the dishes, the shuttling of kids and backpacks and packing suit and clothes for husband’s business trips, and thoughts for dinner and fitting in a treadmill workout leave me scrambling for something that doesn’t move – something solid and steady.

So, I will praise Him

That dream won’t write itself and the garden thirsty for love, the unopened mail within view, the dog hair shed on the stairway and “Look Mommy, I can write my name in the dust!” – there aren’t enough hours in the day.

But, there’s time to praise Him

Me, sometimes broken and weeping, words of worry, fear and doubt shake from my lips as thepraise the lordphoto © 2008 Keith Riley-Whittingham | more info (via: Wylio)
world around rages and swells up over my shoulders and I reach with my whole heart and just in time…He takes me by the hand

Brings me to the light once again

And I praise Him

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

(1 Peter 2:9) NIV

6 comments:

  1. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

    Indeed :) Always time to praise, as hard as it can be!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful as usual... we are in sync in our thinking today dear friend. Kelli and I were just discussing being grateful and joyful despite our circumstances. I love it when God affirms our thoughts at every turn! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your words today Debbie...right where I am a lot of the time...But I will praise Him anyway! He's our reason for being here and He will take our life and make it all for Him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet I will praise Him. I love that. No matter what is going on in our world, God is always worthy of our praise. Your words are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoroughly enjoyed this post. What a great perspective that we all should embrace. No matter what is going on or where we are we can always come to Him and praise Him for who He is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post...just beautiful..in our times of stress and anxiety when we turn to Praising him for all he has done.. it all seems to just go away..what peace..thank you for sharing.

    Many Blessings,

    sherry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails