I'm so excited! Take a look over to your right...yep! My blogger buddy, sweet Melody-Mae (http://melody-mae.blogspot.com/), surprised me with this oh-so-stylish award! Thank you so much!
So...as a recipient of this acknowledgment, I'm supposed to tell you 7 (somewhat interesting) things about myself that you may not otherwise know. So, here goes:
- I was raised in the small cowboy town of Oakhurst, California. I had 5 horses, a wonderful barn and all 4 seasons. My heart is still there even though I've been transplanted to SoCal. My husband and I hope to retire in a similar location someday.
- My husband and I met on a blind date and married 2 years later.
- I sing in church on Sundays with our worship team and work as the church secretary 4 days a week.
- For our 20th anniversary, I flew BY MYSELF to Paris to meet my husband (who was already there) for a romantic 5-6 day visit, AND attended a cooking class from Chef Eric Fraudeau. An event I will NEVER forget.
- I'm just a teensy tad bit OCD....but I'm working on it.
- I have an 18-year-old son, a 16-year-old daughter, a yellow lab named Sammy, a mini-dachshund named Willy, a couple finches, and a nasty old buzzard (a yellow-headed Amazon parrot) who screams and sings like Ethel Merman on steroids! He drives me crazy!!!!
- My very first ever writing piece I published was an article in our local paper back in the late '80s called "The Cowboy and Me." It's about the precious man who wandered into our camp site on horseback early one Saturday morning when we were camping. He was actually instrumental in our moving to the mountains a few years later. With that little publication milestone, I was hooked, bitten by the publishing bug, and then quickly published 3 short fiction stories in a children's small press magazine called Hob Nob.
Heidi and Kelli at Mothers on Mission http://www.mothersonmission.blogspot.com/
Trailing After God http://melindatodd.com/
Dawn Edmonson at The Feathered Nest http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com/
Splendiferous Girls Club http://splendiferousgirlsclub.blogspot.com/
Allison Morrison @ Beautiful in Him http://allisonjonmorrison.blogspot.com/
You sweet ladies are who make blogging fun by your support and encouragement. As the body of Christ, we're to lift each other up, and you've certainly lifted me when I've needed it most. God Bless you!