Monday, February 21, 2011

Peace

Child's Hands Holding White Rose for Peace Free Creative Commonsphoto © 2007 D. Sharon Pruitt | more info (via: Wylio)

I sink into the couch with my “One Thousand Gifts” open and waiting to be read and savored. The intoxicating aroma of fresh focaccia baking teases from the kitchen and I wrap the moment snug around me. I smile grateful that the hum of family confines itself upstairs for awhile and I read words that reach out and embrace – words written from one heart to another…and I wonder.

Have I found it yet? I mean, really found it?

Peace.

Not simple peace rationed, held on the tongue only to melt away when the pleasure’s gone, but true washed-in-the-blood, new-creation type peace; the God-breathed peace that bridges the deepest gaps and safely carries you across the widest channels. Float-on-the-breath-of-God peace.

The peace that considers the cost.

Sign of the crossphoto © 2010 Johan Hansson | more info (via: Wylio)

I speak of walking in the light of His Word, and confess that God is in control and my faith is in Him – but He went to the cross for so much more than words! It’s the faith lived out and learned when the rocks give way to the valley below and the ground beneath crumbles. Faith is the branch I reach for…and peace, the reward for knowing I can.

Have you found it yet?

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.”

(Romans 14:17-19) NIV

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

(John 14:27) NIV

8 comments:

  1. I seek it everyday in His word and His faithfulness. I claim that, 'You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you'. Isaiah 26:3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful - what a super reminder. Thanks Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I speak of walking in the light of His Word, and confess that God is in control and my faith is in Him" I desire this everyday in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I found it? I think I get it... as you said portioned out, but my need for it has me at the feet of the source looking for more and He is so faithful to give me what I need! Isaiah 26:3 that Allison quoted is my favorite verse on peace too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS... I experience His soothing peace every time I read your lovely words that are beautifully strung together Debbie! He has given you a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, Again thank you for your words. It's this Faith that I continue to walk in knowing God has me by the hand to lead and guide me through the good and bad..Thank you too Debbie for your prayer this morning on my blog..I cherish you..

    Many Blessings, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Float-on-the-breath-of-God" peace......that "wrapped in a bubble", actually living one day at a time peace. Yes, there is a peace that "passes all understanding." I have experienced it, a long time ago when I was at the brink of death.....or at least I felt I was. We all experience His peace everyday in one way or another....but that peace "which passes all understanding", came for me when I was actually at the end of myself. But isn't that what He wants? For us to be "at the end of ourselves", because it's then that He can finally share with us what He so longs to share. When we're not distracted by any earthly thing, but only cling to Him. I've experienced and still experience His peace now, but not quite like I did then. It was awesome, it was Holy, it was inexpressable, it passed all human understanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this "Faith is the branch I reach for...and peace, the reward for knowing I can" Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails