Friday, February 25, 2011

Reclaiming My Joy

I’ve spun starry-eyed and squealing this week; heart pounding, racingRoses and petalsphoto © 2008 Josep Lamesa Andreu | more info (via: Wylio)

Brushing away tears of joy

Rejoicing in the mighty work of His hands

And praising Him out loud

For the dreams coming full circle…one by blessed one

And all the while, the lion prowls, waiting

It’s the praising of our God that calls him out

Ready to dig into my joy, chip away at the blessing and grip it firm

A relentless attack

His daggers pierce and stab away at God’s good work

Casting worry, fear and doubt in its place

And I want to shout, fist pounding, “This is my blessing! The Lord gave it to me, and you can’t have it! You’re not going to steal my joy today – it’s not yours to take.”

“This is the day the LORD has made; let us

rejoice and be glad in it”. (Psalm 118:24) NIV

He goes for the biggest, brightest blessings

Those too big for a box

The brightest light in the darkest night

But I’m bruised and swelling from the enemy’s negative jabs

And I raise my head against it

Claim it and claim it strong!

My God is greater! My God is greater! My God is greater!

“Fear not: for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your

name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will

be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you:

when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned;

neither shall the flame kindle upon you. For I am the LORD

your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior…” – Isaiah 43:1-3

Triumphant, the words go beneath the skin and I return to what I know is real

That I am a child of God – the God who does not author such fear, worry or doubt

The One who fills my soul with a love that covers all

And the joy is mine.

6 comments:

  1. I love that!! Just where I am today and I needed that confirmation from Him! Thank you for being a blessing to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again. you capture word so gracefully..thank you for sharing..Many Blessings,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely and very powerful words! I love when you said that God's blessings were too big for a box! Awesome!! Your sweet spirit definately shines through your beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've captured exactly how it feels to be rejoicing in the Lord's blessings when we're blindsided by the enemy of our soul. Love how you demonstrated our best defense - praise and standing on the TRUTH of God's Word, not what we think, feel or see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Debbie! My friend Sherry (from Splendiferous Girls Club) told me about your blog, so I thought I'd check it out! I look forward to following along!

    I am working on a new website/blog for sisters in Christ to connect and share. I'd love to have you join the community! Blessings, Hannah Rose

    dwellonlovely.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails