I’ve spun starry-eyed and squealing this week; heart pounding, racingphoto © 2008 Josep Lamesa Andreu | more info (via: Wylio)
Brushing away tears of joy
Rejoicing in the mighty work of His hands
And praising Him out loud
For the dreams coming full circle…one by blessed one
And all the while, the lion prowls, waiting
It’s the praising of our God that calls him out
Ready to dig into my joy, chip away at the blessing and grip it firm
A relentless attack
His daggers pierce and stab away at God’s good work
Casting worry, fear and doubt in its place
And I want to shout, fist pounding, “This is my blessing! The Lord gave it to me, and you can’t have it! You’re not going to steal my joy today – it’s not yours to take.”
“This is the day the LORD has made; let us
rejoice and be glad in it”. (Psalm 118:24) NIV
He goes for the biggest, brightest blessings
Those too big for a box
The brightest light in the darkest night
But I’m bruised and swelling from the enemy’s negative jabs
And I raise my head against it
Claim it and claim it strong!
My God is greater! My God is greater! My God is greater!
“Fear not: for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your
name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will
be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you:
when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned;
neither shall the flame kindle upon you. For I am the LORD
your God, the Holy One of
That I am a child of God – the God who does not author such fear, worry or doubt
The One who fills my soul with a love that covers all
And the joy is mine.
I love that!! Just where I am today and I needed that confirmation from Him! Thank you for being a blessing to me today.
ReplyDeleteAgain. you capture word so gracefully..thank you for sharing..Many Blessings,
ReplyDeleteSherry
Very lovely and very powerful words! I love when you said that God's blessings were too big for a box! Awesome!! Your sweet spirit definately shines through your beautiful words.
ReplyDeleteYou've captured exactly how it feels to be rejoicing in the Lord's blessings when we're blindsided by the enemy of our soul. Love how you demonstrated our best defense - praise and standing on the TRUTH of God's Word, not what we think, feel or see!
ReplyDeleteHello, Debbie! My friend Sherry (from Splendiferous Girls Club) told me about your blog, so I thought I'd check it out! I look forward to following along!
ReplyDeleteI am working on a new website/blog for sisters in Christ to connect and share. I'd love to have you join the community! Blessings, Hannah Rose
dwellonlovely.com