Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Striving to Bloom

Rain drops on Alchemilla Mollisphoto © 2009 jillyspoon | more info (via: Wylio)
The garden blooms blue-gray, the color of rain. Foliage bubbles with tears of joy savoring, drinking in morning showers clear to the roots.

As a sweet friend shared recently, it seems as though my garden reflects my state of mind – state of my heart and well being. And she’s right. An extension of my soul, it lies beyond the gate struggling through soil and weeds, standing defiant against tossing winds and determined to bloom, to bring glory...God-pleasing glory.

Aren’t we all just striving to bloom?

To grow and flourish where we're planted...despite the elements, the disappointments and dry spells?

The praises are there, breathing shallow these days, buried beneath the rubble of my mind and tangled upAfter the rain, drops on a backlit Rhodiephoto © 2010 Christine | more info (via: Wylio)
in the forcing of round words through square holes. The dishes in the sink, the dinner yet to be, dirty socks tossed by the door, the guilt and self-inflicted pressures of clearing the hurdles one at a time. Yet, once again, I'm shown His strength in my weakness:

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9) NIV



6 comments:

  1. oh dear sweet friend...Debbie this was beautiful...oh and yeah I have dishes in the sink and laundry that needs to be folded!!! LOL ;)
    Your writing always touches me sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post Debbie! Great analogy with the flowers and the garden. This is my favorite verse. It gets me through those disappoinments, messes, and dry spells. This so blessed me today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really spoke to me today...to grow where I'm planted! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that verse! His grace is more than enough for me. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think you have written the words on my heart in this post! Striving to bloom... "To grow and flourish where we're planted...despite the elements, the disappointments and dry spells?" Yes, that's it for sure. Thanks for never failing to encourage me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a day it's been...and now, to read your perfectly timed words! (Which were actually "timed" over a year ago!) I love how God brings what we need, just when we need it.

    A couple of days ago, I spotted white impatiens growing up, from under my deck. It's a low deck, barely up off the ground (no way to get under it), and I haven't grown impatiens (of that kind) in many, many years, so I suppose God must have planted them! : ) I always think those "surprise" flowers are the best! Anyway, they sprouted waaay back, under the deck and have had to grow and grow to finally find their way out. The plant has been "striving to bloom" for some time I suppose. It wasn't until recently, when I noticed it's white flowers that I even saw it. : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails