Monday, March 7, 2011

I'd Like You to Meet "Keeper of the Past"

I’m taking a minute to share another tiny little “stepping stone” with you.

My first attempts at assembling the little batch of characters in my head into book form began over 20 years ago. It’s evolved over time, over marriage, children, and the stuff of life. It turns out, the main character in my story is much younger than when I first “met” her, and the plot is nothing like I first imagined.

It’s now become a real story with a beginning, middle and end (I think it wants to be a series, but that’s going to take a bit more prayer). AND, the good news??? I’ve published it in ebook form (a PDF available for download - check out the box on the left).

KEEPER OF THE PAST

Rock Gardensphoto © 2008 Neil | more info (via: Wylio)
There’s an elusive widow woman “with wiry gray hair all askew this way and that…” who has the townspeople of Faith’s Corner on edge. Who can she be? 12-year-old CAYLYN WEATHERBY and her best friend, MARGO STATHAM, are determined to find out.

“Keeper of the Past” is set in 1940s Vermont where Caylyn and her parents are recent inheritors of the family business, the Weatherby Family Inn. When items begin disappearing from local merchants, the town gossip, ALMA GUNTHER, spreads her suspicions about an old woman who allegedly lives in the woods behind the inn. It doesn’t take long after Caylyn receives a mysterious empty envelope and finds someone lurking in the woods that she and Margo brave the dark and eerie forest in search of answers…only to end up with more questions. You’ll be just as surprised as Caylyn to find out who’s really living in the forest! As she tries to solve the mystery, it becomes quite clear that “the mystery” is pursuing her!

-*-

It’s in a very basic form; no frills and no images, as it’s my very first ebook project. But, my main goal is to get wholesome, happy, Christian material in the hands of middle-grade readers who crave something other than the oftentimes less-than-holy assortment in the market today.

So, I'm praising God today for the dreams He ignites within me and for the daily strength I find in Him to step out in that faith. Once again, He humbles me.

“Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.” (Psalm 105:1-2) NIV

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You just keep impressing me :) I'm buying it, can't wait to read it too! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the booe, Debbie. A major milestone 20 years in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad for you!

    What a blessing from the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails