Friday, March 18, 2011

The Narrow Path

Sometimes, the simple things speak the loudest.

Like the brand new baby snail I noticed yesterday morning schushing along the narrow strip of pond ledge in the back yard. Just one false move, a little slip up in either direction would prove catastrophic, I thought.

Snail_Macrophoto © 2009 David Stewart | more info (via: Wylio)

Honestly, snails never last long once discovered anywhere near my plants, but I took pity on the poor thing and stood watching the huge life analogy playing out before me.

We’re all on that ledge, don’t you think? We could either tumble to uncertain terrain below and take the bumps and bruises. OR, plunge in over our heads to the lonely depths of sin and darkness.

It’s walking that narrow ledge that takes perfecting. The space between the obstacles that always leads us onward and safely home - the narrow path of righteousness

I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst

of the paths of judgment (Proverbs 8:20) KJV

Lord Jesus,

I pray and ask that you set my feet on the path of Your perfect will. Be in my decisions and choices that affect my life and the lives of those around me, that I may glorify You in all I strive to do. Thank you for simply providing the path between the obstacles and for the times You’ve saved me from the fall.

Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I find myself these past few weeks desiring to say or do something that's not nice because of what I am dealing with. I'm longing to sin :( I don't like that. I have refrained but the desire is there.

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always thankful for His guidance. And I want to stay on the path that He has prepared for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI,

    Nice macro. If you have a time please follow my blog too.

    http://wwwmysrilanka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails