Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Provision

Bowl and sticksphoto © 2008 Simon Peckham | more info (via: Wylio)
Dinner sits on the stove…waiting. God’s provision handed over to bellies already full with life abundant while those a world away also wait…a different kind of hunger shadows the face of the suffering.

How often do I take for granted the offering? Blind eyes always searching above the gifts seeking something more. Something different in the many folds and layers of grace.

Why do I complicate the blessing – take what is given only to second guess and question both myself and the Giver; yet still He blesses me.


"Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea..."

Psalm 46:2 (NIV)

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

(James 4:13-15) NIV





4 comments:

  1. God's grace is more than enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His providence overwhelms... so does His love from out which it flows. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Searching above the gifts, seeking something more" yes....running my hand along the bottom of the box wondering if there's something better I missed. Yet, in His grace, he still blesses again and again. Thank you for helping me see, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Him for His blessings upon me. I love Him for the hardships I endure. I love Him for that no matter what happens here on this temporary dwelling ground, my eternity is secure with Him forever!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails