Thursday, April 7, 2011

Giving Thanks for His Presence This Week

Here we are againBachelor's Button Bouquet unedited Creative Commonsphoto © 2010 D. Sharon Pruitt | more info (via: Wylio)

Another week drawing to a close

Another week of prayers prayed

Requests made of the One in complete control

The One who whispers “Yes, you can because I am here.”

Because... I am

It’s the grace He’s shown this week

That allows me to sigh and reflect

To be thankful for all He’s brought me through

To consider the cost of my joy…my peace

I think of the dangers He’s kept at bay

How He’s kept me from harm

The rocks that could have tumbled

The daggers waiting to pierce the skin

The words intended to pierce the heart

Caught in mid flight by His mighty hand

How He’s protected and provided

Listened to each prayer breathed in private

Silent words spoken from the heart shared with only Him

Rain Dropphoto © 2010 Kirsty Andrews | more info (via: Wylio)


I stare out the window

From over the rim of my coffee cup

And watch clouds come full of rain

But it’s all right

I'm settled inside – peace not only for the journey

But from it

He’s brought me through...once again

Guided me this far

And He always will

Even though I walk through the darkest valley,

I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

(Psalm 23:4) NIV

How has the Lord brought you through this week?

Share your praise in a comment – let’s give Him glory together.

4 comments:

  1. Why is it so easy to focus on the negative, what didn't happen, rather than the blessings God has provided? As the week draws to a close, I praise Him for His provision. For His gentle voice telling me that I don't have to know all the answers. I don't have to be in control. I don't have to protect. What an amazing God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a negative week for me unfortunately, but the ability to see it all through His eyes is always near. His perspective tackles each situation that tumbles in and gives me peace to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, this poem is beautiful and so encouraging. I am a new follower after you followed me :) I love your writing and I am looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trusting Him to guide our every step. Thank you Lord for always being there. Following you from the hop. Hope you'll come visit, too. http://hisperfectpromises.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails