Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Preview of "Walking in Son-Light"


When I was a little girl, I used to haul out the avocado green upright Hoover vacuum cleaner to the middle of the living room because the handle was the perfect height for a “microphone.” I’d stand there facing my stuffed animals AND my Pekingese, all decked out in doll clothes and lined up along the couch, and I’d sing at the top of my 7-year-old lungs to the Carpenters, John Denver, Helen Reddy, Carli Simon and Donny Osmond….yeah, those were the days.

I continued singing right up through 8th grade, and by the time I reached High School Choir and trio status with my two best girlfriends, I was sure we’d “make it big” one day. We’d already picked out stage names, designed our costumes, dreamed of the cars we’d buy and special things we’d do for others with all our millions. I even made a promise to God, back in my young, na├»ve days when I actually thought one could do such a thing. I told Him that if He would make my singing dreams possible, that I’d make sure my very first album would be of beautiful hymns and worship songs.

Obviously, the Lord doesn’t work that way, and superstar material I was NOT…..thank the Lord!

Well, after many, many years and life lessons later, I now have an “album,” of sorts. The Lord has given me the words and the desire to reach others for Him, and together, He and I have self published my very first book, “Walking in Son-Light – A Small Collection of Thoughts to Encourage and Inspire.” (It’s actually a compilation of selected blog posts from over the past year and a half with a little tweaking and shining up.) I can’t tell you how excited I am about this – PLUS, my proof copy has been shipped and somewhere out there this very minute, lying in a basket at some post office, is a book bursting at the binding with my heart and soul and it has my name on it! Woo-Hoo!

I’m also excited to share that the cover photography (plus the back cover photo and a little one inside) was done by my daughter! I think she did an amazing job J

I just wanted to share a little preview with you, and I’ll post the link after I’ve had a chance to look over the proof and make any corrections.

I want to thank each and every one of you sweet ladies for choosing to pop in for coffee with me once in awhile always offering your encouragement and support, and for always leaving such beautiful comments that never fail to touch my heart so deeply. God bless you and I pray you’ll keep walking in Son-light.

“You’re forever beautiful to Him whether broken or whole; crumbling with the world around you or dancing on top of it. How wonderful to belong to the God who holds the missing pieces. And He does indeed hold them…there, in the scars of His hands." "Walking in Son-Light" offers hope and encouragement for women in every season of life.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get my copy!!! :) Can't wait until YOU get your copy :) Dreams coming true! Thank you Jesus! I hope my book ships as fast as yours!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet Debbie!! This is WONDERFUL NEWS girl!!!! I'm so, so very happy for you.....and I sure hope that it hits your doorstep soon ~ I know you must be about to bust with excitement!!!! Seems if we keep trying....searching....the way is always provided for us to do what we love ~ wishing you so much happiness sweet Debbie, hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    this is awesome news1 I am so happy & excited for you and wish you nothing but the best with it! Carpenters huh??? I did every solo I had to when I was in choir picking Karen Carpenter!! :) Yes, those were the days!!! Interesting that you are doing this book I have had two people lately tell me to self publish some of my poems and give to family at Christmas...again Debbie, so happy for you sweetie!!!!

    in Him,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Debbie, I am so excited for you! I can just imagine how you will feel when you open up the wrapper and see your first book! I look forward to one day having books in print, too. Seeing you accomplish this goal gives me, and others, encouragement. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rejoicing, rejoicing! What a wonderful blessing, enjoy it dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails