Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blessings Abundant


Sun Brightly Tinting The Needles of A Pine Treephoto © 2011 Berkeley T. Compton | more info (via: Wylio)

Sunlight pours in where it didn’t before.

I stood watching as tree trimmers climbed and chopped away at the old pine in the corner of the yard; the stripping of branches and needles and the rush of light.

Through the buzz of chainsaws and the dropping of limbs, I thought of the years it took for the tree to stand so straight, to soar free and unyielding,…and how in a moment, all is stripped away.

Somehow, I desired the same.

Less of me - more of You, I breathed as the sway of branches gave way to blue skies.

Less of me – more of You.

Me, sometimes up with limbs arching Heavenward. Me, some days feeling much like the pieces breaking and plunging to the ground below.

Yet, it takes the shedding of branches, the tidying up of what is unneeded if the light is to shine through.

Praise God for the sunlight that pours in where it didn’t before.

~~~*~~~

Sharing a praise…

The invitation came last Friday. It would be my very first book signing event. So exciting. So sudden. So scary.

Writephoto © 2007 Martin | more info (via: Wylio)

What will I say? What will I wear? What if I sit there all day and don’t sell a book? Will I look desperate behind my stack of books and my pathetic little bowl of chocolates used as a bribery tool? Will my books even get here in time or will I have to print rain checks instead?

I spent the next several days in contact with the book publisher asking, begging, pleading my case. Yes, big book publisher – I realize I'm asking a lot here, but it’s my very first book signing and I absolutely HAVE to receive my order in time. SOMEONE there has to care! I shared the urgency of my order, but for 2 days, I received only apologies; “We’re very sorry for your inconvenience, but our system is fully automated. Once your order is placed, it’s placed. An order of this size takes between 6-8 days just to print BEFORE it even ships, etc….”

I spent the morning going from disappointed to tossing my hands in the air and talking to God, giving Him my frustration. “All right, God. If I’m to have my book order here in time for my signing on Saturday, then I need a miracle, plain and simple. I’m trusting in You, Lord. This whole thing will play out as You want it – it’s out of my hands, and there’s nothing I can do about a publisher’s printing schedule.”

Less of me – more of You…less of me…more of You.

Rinsing plates at the sink with a bright afternoon sun in my eyes, I happened to glance over at my email page on the computer screen. Could it be???

There, the words across the subject line of an email brought me to tears and laughter all at once: “Good News, Mrs. Dillon. Your book order has shipped! You are scheduled to receive it on Thursday!”

God is amazing.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (Mark 11:24) NIV

Join me this Saturday from 10am to whenever for the grand re-opening of the Camarillo Village Square. I'll be one of 12 vendors outside of Homespun Treasures! Book signing, music, DJs, food, fun, WOO-Hoo!


5 comments:

  1. More of You Lord, less of me!
    Thank you so much for the wonderful story and reminder. God should always shine through us but we always seem to get in the way.
    Wonderful write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Debbie, that is wonderful... praising His name with you! Wish I could be there for you big day... I'll arrive in Spirit and just pray that it goes fabulously well :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, Debbie. God is so good to answer our prayers when we cry out to Him. Praying that your book signing goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting Debbie! Sending prayers for a wonderful book signing Sat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails