Friday, June 10, 2011

Just a Little Diversion..."Prescription-Strength Chocolate"

Chocolatephoto © 2008 Kirti Poddar | more info (via: Wylio)

I’m afraid it’s one of “those” mornings…woke up feeling like my eyes were resting on my cheek bones. I’m fighting a major headache, a little edgy, a little crampy and I’d almost bet money that someone came into my room during the night and stole all the clothes that used to fit me!

Gotta confess: after my “breakfast” of coffee and leftover dinner rolls (had to have SOMETHING on my stomach to soak up what was to follow), I grabbed a few Advil and…yes…a piece of chocolate! But only one! Yeah, I'm quite the health nut.....not!

When I’m propelled by excitement, like this event I’m having tomorrow, I find that sleep eludes me. I spend the night restless. I try to shut my mind down, to stop thinking of all the possible scenarios, all that could go wrong and of all the things that haven’t been done or still needs attention.

There’s just something soothing about chocolate that helps to smooth out the rough edges of the day. This morning, melting away with that little truffle in my mouth, I thought of how wonderful it would be to have prescription-strength chocolate…for days like this J


4 comments:

  1. Aahh...the almost magical powers of chocolate! You gotta try BetterOats Lavish Dark Chocolate oatmeal...I keep a box in my desk. Breakfast of champions! (or in my case, lunch today!)

    You are right where you are supposed to be my friend...take a breath. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prescription-strength chocolate - I think you're on to something here. :)
    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prescription chocolate is a grand idea! I need some on a regular basis and I do the same thing you do. Only I end up that way for a week and end up sick by the time the event rolls around :(

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails