Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Grand Mosaic

Mosaic detailphoto © 2010 Robyn Jay | more info (via: Wylio)

Some people scramble me. They land in my day in a whirl of words and chaos only to flee the scene waving my good mood behind them like coat tails flapping. They replace my solitude with their high energy; my control with their disarray.

As I become “more seasoned with life,” I find that my soul craves the calm waters. I gravitate toward order and peace, always seeking out the quiet corners spent in a comfy spot (whenever possible) where I’m free to hear the voice of God and He can hear me. I tolerate the opposite in very small doses, but truth be told, I’ve never minded being alone. In fact, I enjoy it ~ for me, being alone does not equal lonely. Perhaps it’s because I spent quite a lot of time by myself growing up, but that story is for another day…it’s simply how I’ve been wired. Although, I’ve come to realize that some people are the polar opposite and thrive in high gear at all times surrounded by many others driving through life at the same speed.

I think God allows His children to cross paths on purpose; to intermingle in this grand mosaic of personalities and characteristics in order to stretch us and grow us into effective servants of His kingdom.

Mosaic.jpgphoto © 2006 Nancy | more info (via: Wylio)

As in an intricate mosaic tile display, the colors compliment each other. As a whole, it may appear random and not clearly thought out, yet each piece has been designed to fit perfectly forming one cohesive art form pleasing to the eye and spirit. Each element lends its unique qualities to the mix; some shine bright, others dark. Some have jagged edges while some lie flat and smooth. They may follow along a certain theme, but in the end, all work together – where one ends, another begins, and so goes the body of Christ.

For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. (Romans 12:4-5) NIV

6 comments:

  1. Amen! I've been dealing with a lot of whirlwinds this week. The rippling effect is out of my control and making me dizzy! Those crazy busy folks need you in their lives too. They need to see calm and peace. I too enjoy being alone. I didn't used to but now I love it!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I've told you before, you know how to put the words together. I realize this is not a poem, but it is poetry. And it is truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that way to the older I get..the stillness and peace it's what I crave..thank you for your post..blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Some people scramble me. They land in my day in a whirl of words and chaos only to flee the scene waving my good mood behind them like coat tails flapping. They replace my solitude with their high energy; my control with their disarray.”

    Oh, how I can identify with that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you write things into life... and the beautiful mosaic of people that God fashions together. I think I'm a lot like you, sticking close to order and comfort. I'm surrounded by a lot of the opposite, but I appreciate that too. Blessings dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails