Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Precious Breath of Him

Ocean Beach Cliff Housephoto © 2008 nicolas will | more info (via: Wylio)

My soul grumbles loud today. It’s a foul mood that knots me inside and races each breath. My frustration that keeps all else at bay and I pull the covers up tight over my heart blocking out the peace He offers.

Seems a shorter, easier trek sometimes to venture inside for consolation, to sink inward for comfort…rather than grasp the hand before me. Rather than grasp the Word that promises hope.

When I’m thick in the middle of the grumbling and the fine lines that speak tension, beauty of the day escapes on the wind never to be recaptured. My heavy sigh resounds above it all and the whisper of God’s voice grows more distant, clouded.

But it’s there.

Even now.

Even as I fumble with words and emotions…He’s still there and the blessings await.

The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. (Psalm 9:9-10) NIV

He’s not distant or out of reach. His Word, His promises and His love for us will never recede with the tide – will never weaken in strength, will never shatter against jagged rocks. Will never waver with my ever-changing view of things.

Ocean Breachphoto © 2009 Erik Charlton | more info (via: Wylio)

He allows us our struggle, and when the shadows fade and we fill our soul with the precious breath of Him, it only sweetens the blessing.

The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.

(Psalm 145:18-19) NIV

3 comments:

  1. Debbie, thank you so much for those words of comfort :) How many times I have gone through the same scenario. Pulled the covers up around my neck, and didn't move....for fear I would have to face the day. Knowing full well His grace would be sufficient for the day :) That he was longing to show me new and precious aspects of His love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... "He allows us our struggle, and when the shadows fade and we fill our soul with the precious breath of Him, it only sweetens the blessing." Love that He fills us gives us the sweetest blessings even in the midst of our worst struggles. Great post Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully written. I am definitely the type who becomes introspective and isolates myself when struggling. I sympathize with the grappling words of this post. I'm follwing you now through networked blogs. Thanks for sharing the deepest part of your self.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails