Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Resonate for God

Japanese Wistriaphoto © 2009 Nigel Wedge | more info (via: Wylio)

My heart beats loud and random, and I twist inside as the next step in my journey eludes me. I ask what I can do for Him, what I can write for Him, where I can go for Him, what I can tell others about Him.

And the answer?


Every stone, whether large or small,

when tossed in still waters

ripples wide and far.

Ripples in Waterphoto © 2003 Brendan Landis | more info (via: Wylio)

Whatever we do, do it in the name of the Lord and it will surely glorify. When I’m stuck in life and all I see is that fork in the road; always the question, this way or that? I have to remind myself of the one simple answer….let all you do resonate for God.

Simple, really.

Yet, why do I make it so hard? Overcomplicate and over-think things to the point of paralysis? When it doesn’t matter how high, how far or how long when it all breathes of Christ and my desire to please Him. To grow closer to Him, and to be that stone cast in still waters.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Col. 3:17) NIV

6 comments:

  1. Great post, Debbie! Everything I do should be for the glory of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these words. I also overcomplicate and overthink in my desire to serve God. Then I stress and get frustrated. I will also try just to remember to glorify Him in everything I say and do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the thought/idea that we can be even a small stone and still make ripples that will tell the world about God. I would like my writing to reach others for God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this! I love the description of being a stone rippling the water. Perfect visual. You know how I love a good word picture, this is one that'll stick with me forever, each time I cast a stone into still water. God's got you rippling waters girl! Keep it up!

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN!! I always seem to want to take things in my own hands and that's when it gets very complicated..but if I just rely on HIM for everything then thats when those forks are so much easier to navigate..thank you Debbie for the words.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails