Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wrapping up the Week with Thanks

(Re-posting this from last April, as it sums up my week perfectly).
Ocean Beachphoto © 2006 Ganesha Balunsat | more info (via: Wylio)

Here we are again

Another week drawing to a close

Another week of prayers prayed

Requests made of the One in complete control

The One who whispers “Yes, you can because I am here.”

Because... I am

It’s the grace He’s shown this week

That allows me to sigh and reflect

To be thankful for all He’s brought me through

To consider the cost of my joy…my peace

I think of the dangers He’s kept at bay

How He’s kept me from harm

The rocks that could have tumbled

The daggers waiting to pierce the skin

The words intended to pierce the heart

Caught in mid flight by His mighty hand

How He’s protected and provided

Listened to each prayer breathed in private

Silent words spoken from the heart shared with only Him

I stare out the window

coffee cupphoto © 2010 Moyan Brenn | more info (via: Wylio)

From over the rim of my coffee cup

And watch clouds come full of rain

But it’s all right

I'm settled inside – peace not only for the journey

But from it

He’s brought me through...once again

Guided me this far

And He always will

Even though I walk through the darkest valley,

I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

(Psalm 23:4) NIV

How has the Lord brought you through this week?

Share your praise in a comment – let’s give Him glory together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails