Friday, July 15, 2011

If Minutes Were Dollars...

We have something in common, you and I.

Friendsphoto © 2010 Hartwig HKD | more info (via: Wylio)

In fact…1,440 of them, to be exact.

We share 1,440 minutes in each day to spend however we choose.

Freely given – freely spent.

A recent sermon brought this to mind; shed light on the truth of it and led me to examine the various ways in which I spend those minutes…just how they would add up in dollars. How high I hold the value of $1,440; yet the minutes, they slip through my fingers as grains of sand scattered on the wind – no investment – no return.

Sand Dollarphoto © 2004 Bart Everson | more info (via: Wylio)

But what if those minutes were hugs or I love yous, words spoken of peace, a caring smile that offers comfort, a listening ear, where one penny equals a moment, my moment surrendered for another…grace overflowing?

How many of those 1,440 are truly spent planting seeds for the harvest?

How many are given over to idleness while the Kingdom awaits growth?

While the lost remain searching, stumbling down their dark path hungry for direction…salvation

And I have to ask myself just what the minutes mean to me. How precious is each one I receive and am I living each one like the gift it truly is?

I wish you the blessing of a wonderful weekend, and may you invest wisely with the minutes you’re afforded.

Sea shells macrophoto © 2009 i a walsh | more info (via: Wylio)

Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

(Col. 4:5-6) ESV

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.

(Eph. 5:15-16) ESV

2 comments:

  1. Great food for thought, Debbie! Your seashell pictures also spoke to me - I love the sea. It is one of the places I feel nearest to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So convicting Debbie... how many minutes given? Not enough I'm afraid, being idle is easy and putting off the planting is also easy. Thanks for this encouragement :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails