Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Safe Place to Land

Even when you can't see what we're holding, our body language tells you that we're talking on a cellphonephoto © 2009 Ed Yourdon | more info (via: Wylio)
It’s that perfect scripture shared by a friend just when I need it most. It’s the song or hymn felt and heard from somewhere down deep inside. It’s that sigh when I’m found nestled among pillows on my favorite seat in the house. It’s that great cup of coffee that soothes away the tension and strife of the day.

Pillows detail (application)photo © 2010 Suzette Pauwels | more info (via: Wylio)

When it’s fear and uncertainty that have me alert and jumping, it’s only the Lord who, with one steady wave of His hand, sweeps away all that has me on edge….all that rattles me. He speaks peace to my weary self and breathes comfort and security that claims me as His own.

In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety.

(Psalm 4:8) NIV

~~~

I keep my eyes always on the LORD.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

(Psalm 16:8) NIV

Flowers and Fruitphoto © 2009 aplart | more info (via: Wylio)

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, I love this! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't being in God's presence just amazing? No one and no thing can soothe my soul like Him.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails